7 tips to double your website traffic and increase, SEO with digital marketing. When we started going through the process of creating our business’ website, we didn’t really know what we were doing. Luckily, we hired a top-notch web developer to handle the technical aspects and design our site, but that still left us with plenty to learn about marketing our new site and growing our company through digital media channels like social media and search engine optimization (SEO). We went through quite a bit of trial and error before coming up with this list of 7 tips to double your website traffic and increase SEO with digital marketing.
1) Create great content that’s relevant to your audience.
2) Optimize meta tags, headers, images, and even the text on buttons.
3) Have an easy-to-navigate site layout.
4) Include a blog on your site with fresh content.
5) Use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or LinkedIn to promote your business.
6) Connect Google Analytics with other social media sites so you can measure how effective they are at driving traffic to your site. 7) Link back to your site from other blogs or websites that you guest post on (e.g., by adding a link in the author bio section).
2) Web design
We’ve put together 7 helpful web design tips to help you improve your online presence. We hope you find them useful!
1) Color coordination is key – not everyone sees colors the same way, so make sure that the colors you use on your site are clear and easy to see.
2) Make sure there’s a balance between text and images – too much of one will make it difficult for visitors to navigate.
3) Keep things simple – don’t overcomplicate things by adding too many bells and whistles.
4) Use Google Analytics – this will allow you to track what people are looking at on your site, which will show how effective certain pages are at drawing in traffic.
3) PPC advertising
PPC advertising is a form of advertising whereby advertisers pay every time their ad is shown on an external website. This can be done through Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Gemini, or Facebook Ads. It allows businesses to target specific audiences. Businesses can use keywords in order to find the audience that they are trying to reach the most. They can also use demographic targeting so that they only show ads in certain areas, such as countries or states.
It’s important to set up a budget when you start out with PPC advertising because it can get expensive quickly if you don’t know how much you’ll need upfront.
4) Email marketing
Email marketing can be a cost-effective way for small businesses to reach their customers. Sending an email newsletter or promotion can help get your name out there and bring in potential customers. If you plan on using this type of marketing, it’s important that you do some research before sending anything out. For instance, what is the best day and time to send a newsletter? How often should you send one? What are the benefits of different types of content?
5) Social media marketing
- Create an effective social media strategy: It is important that you spend time developing a strategy for your company’s social media profiles. It is not enough to simply have a presence on social media, but rather you need to post content that people care about. People are very busy these days, so it is vital that you provide them with content they want to read.
- Engage in real-time conversations: Social media has changed the way people communicate. Rather than waiting for an email or phone call, people are now looking for ways to engage in conversations in real time.
6) Mobile optimization
Nowadays, having a responsive site is key for online success. Every day more people are using their mobile phones and tablets to connect to the internet. In fact, in the US alone, 54% of all web browsing is done on a mobile device. That’s why it’s important that every site you create is optimized for viewing on a phone or tablet so that you can reach as many customers as possible. Here are six steps to help you improve your site’s mobile experience:
1) Use clean code – To reduce the amount of data needed to load your website, use clean code. Limit server requests by using Google’s PageSpeed service to analyze your current pages and make suggestions.
2) Limit file sizes – Reduce the size of files such as images, video, and audio content (especially video) by optimizing them before uploading them onto your website.
7) Content marketing
Content Marketing Tips
- Make sure your content has a clear, measurable business goal.
- Know your audience.
- Understand your buyer’s journey.
- Solve for the reader.
- Adopt the pillar-cluster model.
- Write in-depth content.
- Rely on analytics to track your performance.
- Keep content consistent and up-to-date.